I heard that the #1 to know if you’re a successful adult is to know where you’re headed and how long it will take to get there. Well, I’ve always been one for plans, so I wasn’t afraid to take on this challenge. I will say, I’m shockingly unsure of what the future holds aside from a couple of key things (like where I plan to vacation). Anyway, here’s my ever changing 5-10 year plan!
Year One (2016 – 22 years young): 3-month shopping ban(Completed; September 03, 2016) Get health insurance(Completed; September 01, 2016) Get life insurance(Completed; September 01, 2016) Get a real life adult 9-to-5 job(Completed; September 01, 2016) Move into my own place(Completed; September 03, 2016) Start a Financial Support Group(Completed; November 13, 2016)
Year Two (2017 – 23 years young):
Continue in school, working towards my AA in Human Services(Completed; September 12, 2017) Visit Prince Edward Island with my grams(Completed; September 30 – October 7, 2017) Visit 1-2 never been states(Completed; July 27 – 29, 2017) Become a more consistent blogger and transfer to self-hosting or upgrade WP plan(Completed; December 12, 2017)
Year Three (2018 – 24 years young)
- Lose 30 pounds
- Avoid the ER
- Purge 50%+ of belongings
- Visit 2 never-been states
- Finish writing the ebook on Chronic Illness and self-publish
- Pay off $10,000 in debt (Ronnie – the car – put me back in debt)
- Finally get around to saving and keeping that Emergency Fund
- Complete a 30-day Spending Freeze (April?)
- Launch Vlog channel
Year Four (2019 – 25 years young)
- Pay off Ronnie (my Toyota RAV4)
- Get my Life & Health Coach Certification
- Launch my Life & Health Coaching Career
- Go to Disney World with Alexis!
- Save for the month long, cross-country road trip
- Save $4,000 as an emergency buffer when I fully launch my self-employment career
Year Five (2020 – 26 years young)
- Take that month long, cross-country road trip I’ve been dreaming of for years and visit at least 15 new states ( my kid sis and BFF will finally be old enough to go with me)
- Visit Iceland with my brother and spend at least one night camping as the Nordics we are (er, based on an ancestry DNA test)
- Go to Germany with my mom, which I’d say is a long-time dream for both of us
- Quit my job and become 100% self-employed as a Life & Health Coach
Year Six (2021 – 27 years young)
- Go to New Zealand with Alexis and partake in the 14-Day Lord of the Rings Red-Carpet Tour!!
- Visit all states I haven’t yet visited to hit 50!
- Buy a cello and start taking lessons
Year Seven (2022 – 28 years young):
- Go on an African safari trip (Hello, childhood dream! How ya doin’?)
- Overcome my deathly fear of the ocean and teeny tiny islands and go to Hawaii