I can’t believe 2018 is almost upon us. How is that even possible?
I realize you’re probably thinking that I’ve skipped ahead two whole holidays and am jumping straight into the new year posts – no worries, that’s not the case. But it struck me today that I have 40 days left in the year, and after a brief flashback to the previous 324, I’m not sure I can say 2017 has been very successful. I mean, I did a lot of great things (like travel to/through 27 states, 1 country and 1 island), but my goals are still.. well.. unchecked.
40 days is a pretty nice chunk of time, and I’m pretty sure that if I put my head to it, I can accomplish a lot of those unchecked items and set myself up for an incredible 2018.
So here are several things I plan to do over the next 40 days in order to be fully prepared for 12:01 AM on January 1st, 2018. Blog posts are coming soon for several of the following, so get ready for an eyes-wide-open look at my life! No such thing as TMI, eh? 😉
- Review goals and five-year plan:
- What have I accomplished?
- What have I not accomplished that I can accomplish before the 1st?
- What am I okay with taking off the list?
- What do I want to move to 2018’s list?
- Who is The Woman I want to be now?
- Update the five-year plan to fit my current goals and desires.
- Review budget:
- What has my spending pattern been this year?
- What changes do I want to make for next year?
- What challenges do I want to take on?
- Minimalism check-in:
- Do I still desire a minimalist lifestyle?
- How many items do I own?
- What can I do without?
- And on that same stream of thought… Wardrobe Clear-Out:
- Track my wardrobe usage for December
- How many of each category do I have?
- What do I think I’ll wear? What can go?
- What did I actually wear? What actually went?
- Exercise and Diet Detox:
- No soda
- No gluten
- Finish up the BaeTea detox (I bought this almost three months ago and have only used 4 of the 15 day detox teabags)
- Make better decisions overall (no seriously)
- I can’t do much right now for exercise, but I’m committing myself to 15 minutes of walking every day, whether that’s in place or outside. It isn’t much, but it’s something.
As you can tell, I’ve got a lot of review work ahead of me.
How about you? How are your 2017 goals coming along?